One Day Course – 20 th June 2019 (9am to 5.30pm)
Red Cow Moran’s Hotel, Naas Road, – Dublin 22
This one-day CPD approved course, run in conjunction with The Irish Packaging Society, is designed to help attendees gain a real insight into a sometimes complex and jargon-ﬁlled business, whilst also
ensuring they understand the way in which creative design concepts are translated into printed packaging and how upstream/ downstream processes impact on it.
Understanding the required process steps and timings, the potential quality issues and limitations of processes provides for smoother and better on-time NPD and increased speed-to-market.
What’s in it for me?
This Print for Packaging one-day course covers:
- Why Print, and the basics of colour theory
- Design / Artwork development process
- Artwork and the approval steps
- How to increase speed to market and reduce costs
- Working with Print Suppliers
- Print Speciﬁcations & Briefs (The importance for quality and multiple suppliers
- Repro & Plates (Introduction to plates for the print process)
- The main printing processes for various substrates • Flexography, Offset Litho and Gravure
- Plus overview of Digital, Dry Offset, Letterpress & Screen.
- Recognising print / Substrates and print processes
- Press passes / Approving colour / Quality Control
- Discussion on areas such as: Design, print, sustainability, inks and substrates Other decoration processes and assuring quality
- Drive innovation and efficiency in your business
- Provides a level of insight and understanding of the packaging industry
Benefits of Print for Packaging
• Add real and measurable value to you and your businesses
• Staff equipped to drive development
• Best practice to maximise proﬁt
• Access the experience of the industry
Both within the packaging industry itself and throughout the supply chain, there is a need to understand the way in which creative design concepts, are translated into printed packaging. This course gives you that insight.
This popular one-day course can be held in-house for larger company groups – contact Brian Colleran, Network Manager for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org
To book this course email email@example.com
Cost: €385 per delegate