Innovation and Creativity for Commercial Success
This series includes three interactive online sessions. Sign up for the whole set, or simply the sessions that you will find most valuable.
Price: €135 or €45 per session
Time and Date:
- Session 1: Weds 7th June 12:00 – 13:30
- Session 2: Weds 21st June 12:00 – 13:30
- Session 3: Fri 7th July 12:00 – 13:30
About Russell Beck:
Russell’s drive is inspired by the belief that people are the only USP of any organisation. Widely acknowledged as a thought leader in people and leadership, Russell blends an engineer’s desire for knowledge, an inquisitive need for evidence and a belief that things can be better with an inspirational, charismatic and thought-provoking style. He connects dots in an informative way to help organisations take tangible actions to unlock the potential and productivity of their most expensive asset, their people. Often acting as a catalyst, he captivates people, motivating them to think differently, providing the impetus to change and transform, enabling them to move quicker and further than they previously thought possible.
Russell draws on a diverse background having worked as an engineering project leader with client projects in 26 countries and as a leader in the recruitment industry for the past 2 decades. Here his experience includes being the Global Head of Consulting for a people and talent strategy organisation; Managing Director for a £120m t/o recruitment outsourcing business; European Head of Talent for Yahoo!; and managing delivery teams that (for example) delivered over 1% of all UK recruitment in 2009. During this work he has consulted with and supported leadership teams of companies of all sizes from SME to FTSE100 to Fortune500.
What is innovation? What is happening in the external environment and how do you shape up?
Weds 7th June 12:00 – 13:30
In this session we will cover:
- What is innovation? From creating ideas through to realising value from them.
- Why bother: What is happening externally – where is the opportunity versus the hype/myths?
- What are you currently doing well (including recognising and savouring successes) and where do you need help?
How to identify innovation potential and choose creativity techniques to suit every member of your team.
Weds 21st June 12:00 – 13:30
- Innovation potential: self-awareness on what it takes to be innovative
- Identifying innovation strengths in our people.
- How to have a good idea: exploring different creativity techniques that you can try out
- Practical application using topical issues as subject matter.
How to establish an environment for creating value from innovation and embed it into your organisation / culture.
Fri 7th July 12:00 – 13:30
- How to convert ideas into tangible value.
- How to filter and nurture ideas
- How to handle failures.
- How to notice, savour and recognise success.