This course aims to give participants a way of communicating consistently to each other.
It helps to better understand communication styles and participants own style of communication in a more efficient friendly way.
It will increase participant’s self-awareness that will in turn build confidence and improve communications skill and in turn, find it easier to ‘influence’ others.
Objectives of Effective Communications Workshop
- Learn how to recognise the difference between Assertive, Aggressive and Passive behaviours.
- Maximise their positive impact on those around them
- Understand when to apply certain behaviours in certain situations.
- Be equipped with tools to deal with different behaviours.
Content of Workshop:
The trainer will work with participants to assess and have a further understanding of why and how:
- People differ in how they perceive, understand and process information about the world.
- Each person displays a pattern of relative strengths; learn how to work on them.
- There is no best style or approach to communications, different types are simply different, and each brings talent and value to work and to life.
The Communication process
- Types of communication, when is each appropriate
- How people differ in how they perceive, understand and process information about the world.
Which communication style do you use?
- Barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Are you hearing what people are saying? reduce error and increase awareness with the art of active and empathic listening
- Mastering questioning techniques to ensure understanding
- Introduction to transactional analysis
- Assertiveness methods and techniques
Duration: 1 Day (Monday, 10th June 2019 – 9.30am to 5pm)
Format: Class Room
Venue: SureSkills Limited, 14 Fitzwilliam Place, Dublin 2
Cost: €140 per participant
Book a place: Email email@example.com