The following are courses we currently have available
- This course has passed.
Microsoft Excel – Advanced Level
June 27 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm€20
Microsoft Excel – Course Outline Advanced Level
This course is aimed at experienced Excel users who need to perform more complex functions. And those who would like to start to create basic macros to automate repetitive tasks.
Assumed Knowledge: Attendees must have strong Excel skills and understand key concepts of spreadsheets. Their knowledge should be equivalent to Intermediate course level.
Objectives: This course is all about taking a strong user and developing their skills to power user level. We will encourage the use of Lookup & Information Functions along with tools to analyse data; expand Pivot tables, work with groups of people using Shared Workbooks and work with Macros to automate tasks
Lookup and Information Functions
- Index and Match
- Database Functions: Dsum, Dmin, Dmax, Daverage, Dcount
Array & Statistical Formulae
- Sumproduct alternative to using Arrays
- Frequency and Forecast
- Rank and Precentile
Developing Pivot Tables
- Inserting calculated fields
- Changing Value Field Settings
- Grouping Data
- Pivot Table Styles
- Showing and Hiding the Grand Totals
- Refreshing Data In Pivot Table
- Summarizing Values by Sum, Count, Average, Max, and Product
- Show Values As % of Grand Total, % of Column Total, % of Row Total
- Using Slicers for Effective Filtering
Using Data from External Sources
- Using MS Query
General Analysis Tools
- Custom Views
- Goal Seek
Introduction to Macros
- Displaying the Developer Tab
- Recording Macro procedures
- Where To Save Macros
- Absolute and relative recording
- Running macros: Assigning to QAT, shapes, Pictures and keyboard shortcuts
- Introducing the VBA Project Window
Claire Commins – Information Technology Trainer – Teaching Experience Summary
Teaching Microsoft Office classes to staff and students in NUI Galway, Trinity College, GMIT Galway, University of Limerick and University College Cork since 1999.
Teaching Microsoft Project, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word to advanced level for private and public sector for 22 years.
Teaching study skills and exam techniques in Secondary schools to Teachers, Students and Parents.
Relevant Education / Training
- Honours degree in Training and Education from NUI Galway.
- Qualified as a Systems Analysis and Computer Programmer.
- Completed MOUS exams in Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Completed ECDL exams in Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
In order for us to continue to bring you subsidized content we will require you to fill out a profile sheet which will be emailed to you after your booking – completion of this sheet guarantees you a place on the training.
Please note our training courses are only available for people residing in the Republic of Ireland
Please note training sessions are live interactive training.