The following are courses we currently have available
Excel Basic Level
November 30 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm€20
Microsoft Excel – Course Outline Basic Level
Who should attend? – New or existing users of Microsoft Excel, who want to create c graphs and formulas
Assumed Knowledge: A working knowledge of PCs plus Windows is assumed, gained from the workplace or by prior attendance on an IT course.
Objectives: Delegates will be able to produce well-structured worksheets, input and edit data, create formulas, save, retrieve and print. Also use commands to sort and filter data and prepare charts.
During the course of this Module, the following topics will be covered:
The Excel Working Environment
- File/Backstage Menu.
- Keyboard Shortcuts.
- The Quick Access Toolbar.
- Working with Worksheets.
- Opening, Creating, Saving and Closing Excel workbooks.
- Inserting and Deleting Cells, Rows and Columns.
- Search and Replace.
Creating Data and Content
- Entering and editing cell content.a
- Navigating to specific cell content.
- Column Widths & Row Heights.
- Creating a Custom list.
- Inserting and editing comments.
- Clearing Cell Contents.
- Formatting Cell Ranges.
- Applying Text and Number Formats.
- Applying Borders.
- Adjusting Cell Alignment.
- Add, Subtract, Multiply & Divide.
- Using Autosum.
- Using Average, Max and Min.
- Inserting and modifying formulas.
- Using date, financial, and logical functions.
- Absolute References (i.e. $ signs).
- Filtering lists using AutoFilter.
- Sorting lists.
- Using statistical functions.
- Creating and modifying charts.
- Using conditional formatting.
- Moving and copying worksheets.
- Creating and modifying hyperlinks.
- Customising Window layout.
- Setting Print Titles & Print Area.
- Setting Manual Page Breaks.
- Adding Headers & Footers.
Claire Commins – Information Technology Trainer – Teaching Experience Summary
Teaching Microsoft Office classes to staff and students in NUI Galway, Trinity College, GMIT Galway, University of Limerick and University College Cork since 1999.
Teaching Microsoft Project, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word to advanced level for private and public sector for 22 years.
Teaching study skills and exam techniques in Secondary schools to Teachers, Students and Parents.
Relevant Education / Training
- Honours degree in Training and Education from NUI Galway.
- Qualified as a Systems Analysis and Computer Programmer.
- Completed MOUS exams in Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Completed ECDL exams in Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
In order for us to continue to bring you subsidized content we will require you to fill out a profile sheet which will be emailed to you after your booking – completion of this sheet guarantees you a place on the training.
Please note our training courses are only available for people residing in the Republic of Ireland
Please note training sessions are live interactive training.