The following are courses we currently have available
Diploma In Packaging Technology
September 6 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm€2500
Get ahead of your competition with a Diploma in Packaging Technology
Who should complete a Diploma in Packaging?
- Persons responsible for specifying packaging or working in a role as a Packaging Technician.
- Also suited to those buying or selling packaging or those using / packing / filling in the Food, Drink and Pharmaceutical sectors.
- Brand / NPD team members, Brand Owners and FMCG Product Category Managers.
- People working with packaging in manufacturing or filling on a day to day basis
Running in Cork
How do I qualify for Diploma in Packaging?
- 3 years experience in a packaging environment
- Ideally possess a Level 6 qualification or above. All applications must be approved by Diploma Board for inclusion in programme. Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
- Candidates who are working in associate industries such as
- packaging design,
- food science/technology,
- materials science/engineering, and
- logistics will also be considered.
What do I achieve?
- CPD Diploma in Packaging Technology.
- Accredited by TU Dublin /Dublin Institute of Technology.
- Level 7 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
- Foundation for further study such as MSc in Packaging Technology
- Membership of The Packaging Society and through it the IOM3 – a Chartered Institute.
- Professional status – recognised throughout the packaging industry internationally.
- The Institute opens doors throughout the packaging supply chain, from material producers and converters, through manufacturers & packer/fillers, to brand owners and retailers
When and where will the course take place
- Next Start Date: September 2021 –
- Venue: Cork
- Cost: €2,500 per trainee.
- To apply call Brian on 087 2928900 or email email@example.com
Courses can be booked online or you can email Maureen@dppskillnet.ie to book and request an invoice.
Run in conjunction with TU Dublin (Dublin Institute of Technology)
Click here to see full course details
Open to residents of the Republic of Ireland.
The Programme comprises 5 units/modules
1. Fundamentals of Packaging Technology and Packaging in the Supply Chain:
- The Role & History of Packaging
- The Functions of Packaging
- Hazards of the Supply Chain
- Distribution Packaging
- Product Fragility & Test Methods
- Computer Aided Packaging Design
2 . Packaging Materials & Containers I:
- Glass Packaging Manufacture
- Glass Packaging Containers
- Rigid Metal Packaging
- Aluminium Foil Packaging
- Paper and Cartonboard packaging
- Corrugated Cardboard Packaging
3 . Packaging Materials & Containers II:
- Basics of Polymer Chemistry
- Plastic Properties
- Plastic Manufacturing Processes
- Packaging Closures
- Packaging Adhesives
- Labels and Labelling
4 . Packaging Printing and Decorating & Packaging Machinery:
- Printing for Packaging
- Digital Printing
- Packaging Machinery
- Packaging Line Operations
- Packaging Filling Systems
5 . Research Project
5000 word dissertation
Schedule Location will be decided (Dublin or Portlaoise) when enrollment is concluded.
Some classes may be delivered online.