The following are courses we currently have available
- This course has passed.
Data Protection Essentials / GDPR Workshop
October 18 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Date Protection / GDPR Workshop
Data Protection Essentials a one-day version covering core terminology, legislation and policy implementation procedures.
This one-day introductory programme is designed for those who need a basic understanding of data protection rights and responsibilities in Ireland. It covers the fundamental issues contained within the Data Protection Acts, which have a legislative impact upon all organisations and provides information on how to achieve compliance.
• Be fully aware of the need for data protection legislation in Ireland
• Understand Ireland’s Data Protection laws
• Interpret and apply Ireland’s Data Protection Acts in your own business environment
Content for Data Protection GDPR
The syllabus encourages the recognition of data protection legislation as one particular safeguard relating to personal information whilst at the same time recognising the legitimate needs of business and organisations to process such information.
The syllabus comprises the following core topics:
• Why Data Protection?
• Fundamental Definitions
• Data Controller’s Obligations
• Individual Rights
• Regulation and Enforcement
Who Should Attend this Data Protection / GDPR Workshop
This course is suited for employees who are in regular contact with client or employee personal information, including:
• Customer support and call centre
• Human resources staff
• Legal secretaries
• Health sector administration staff
• Financial services sales and administration
• Accounts personnel
• Line managers in admin, sales, marketing and HR
• Database administrators and document management staff
Cost of the Data Protection Essentials / GDPR Workshop is €145 per person –
Book online or email Maureen@dppskillnet.ie to book and request an invoice.