The following are courses we currently have available
- This course has passed.
2021 Advanced Editing and Workflow for Photographers
February 23 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm€10
Advanced editing and workflow for photographers programme.
23 February 2021
A look at practices for photographers to get the most out of Lightroom, with some Photoshop editing to supplement where Lightroom is weaker. 3rd party plugins you can use to increase productivity and creativity.
Camera File Practice
- Dual Slot
- Raw vs JPEG (and when JPEG can be better)
- Onsite safety options
- File Management choices
- Effective Renaming
- Folder Management
- Basic Metadata Management
- Keywords Tagging on import
- Selection via Import
- Flagging, Starring and Labels
- Quick and Target Collections
- A preferred method for large shoots.
- Folders and Collections
- Smart Collections
Speeding Workflow with Shortcuts
- The 10 top shortcuts to know.
- Shortcuts per module.
- The Raw is only the start
- The Basic Panel for exposure and tone control
- Profiles: What they are and how you can make them
- Presence controls.
- Quick and useful edits.
- Tone Curve for contrast correction
- Tone Curve for creative colour.
- Tone Curve Presets.
- HSL/Color-and B&W controls.
- Colour Grading with Lightroom colour tools
- Noise Reduction
- Fixing lens and perspective defects-not just for buildings
- Using Grain
- Spot Removal
- Red/Pet Eye
- Grad and Radial Filter
- Portrait retouching in Lightroom
Post selecting editing.
- Why Photoshop?
- Where the power lies: Adjustment Layers and Masks.
- Portrait Retouching
- 2 Frequency Separation methods.
- The Irish Problem: Redness removal.
- It’s in the Eyes.
- Plugins that make you more effective
- Optics for creative finish.
- Getting photos out. Quality, size and resolution considerations.
- Publish Services. Once useful, now breaking.
Sean McCormack is a commercial, editorial and portrait photographer based in Galway. Falling into writing and training via Lightroom Blog from 2006, Sean has written a number of books about Lightroom and writes monthly columns for Digital Camera World and Photoshop User Magazine.
Run By Design Print and Packaging Skillnet in Association with IPPVA
In order for us to continue to bring you subsidised content we will require you to fill out a profile sheet which will be emailed to you after your booking – completion of this sheet guarantees you a place on the training.