DPP Skillnet is working with our member companies to provide employment opportunities for those that have trained with us over the past two years.
If you have a job that you wish to advertise please email email@example.com with a job description.
++++++++++++++ JOB OPPORTUNITY +++++++++++++++++++
Position: Returnable Packaging Engineer
Reporting to: Director, Global Distribution
At Ingersoll Rand we’re passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning, and ARO® – work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Returnable Packaging Engineer is instrumental in the development and execution of returnable packaging solutions for all Strategic Business Units (SBUs) within Ingersoll-Rand. This position requires active and effective collaboration with Ingersoll Rand SBUs, sites, and Global Procurement. This position is responsible for screening and selection criteria, productivity pipeline fill, and other key factors in support of the returnable packaging strategy. The value of the position will be demonstrated in the identification, justification, and subsequent execution of returnable packaging solutions to optimize total cost of ownership.
• Able to work with internal and external parties to design and implement an optimized packaging solution, inclusive of returnable containers, inserts, carts, bins, racks, shelves, gravity racks, conveyor lines and any other item which will hold parts and/or supplies required in the material management process
• Works closely with internal process owners and with key external suppliers and customers to achieve returnable container packaging goals
• Ensures delivery of a full-service solution for an efficient and cost-effective, returnable container management system, including storage, tracking, wash, transportation and replenishment
• Complete understanding of replenishment systems with the ability to effectively factor kanban loop size into solutions
• A thorough understanding of all elements of the supply chain, to include interrelationships and impact
• Cost/benefit analysis and financial justification proficiency is required
• Collaboration with IR business units and Global Procurement personnel is a significant success factor for this position; This position must influence the behavior of other supply chain and operations leaders within the company
• Create, develop, implement, and drive year-over-year productivity of 5% or greater
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in packaging engineering or related engineering discipline
• Advanced degree in business, engineering, or operations preferred
• 5+ years’ experience
• Strong project management and communication skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Customer service focused
• Strong analysis and problem solving skills (e.g., cost/benefit analysis, financial justification)
• Ability to develop and deliver creative and effective solutions
• Ability to successfully manage and deliver complex projects
• Knowledge of DOT, OSHA, and other regulatory policies
• Excellent relationship building skills
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, and Power Point.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Supply Chain Acumen – Establishes long-term GISC strategies, champions development and utilization of globally competitive tools and processes, creates learning environment, sets zero tolerance tone for non-compliance / monitors adherence, drives for optimal IR results that are Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Service balanced and corporate/governmental compliant
• Project Management – Partners and collaborates with cross-functional leaders to align objectives, manages global project portfolio, oversees overall implementation
• Global Business Thinking/Strategizing — Demonstrates deep global knowledge of suppliers, industry trends, emerging markets, technology, geopolitical changes; drives this knowledge into GISC and IR short and long-term strategies / playbooks; is a global talent steward
• Problem Solving—Understands customer expectations; keeps abreast of competitor/related industry problems; provides solutions to problems using both creative processes and analytical methods; uses resources within and outside the organization; ability to separate the root-cause from intervening symptoms; makes the best decision based upon limited (but enough) data; willing to take risks, identify the best possible alternative and make a commitment to carrying out the decision
• Relationship Management – Creates collaborative environment with cross-functional senior peers; assures regular/appropriate two-way communication flow; builds/maintains relationship with industry peers and suppliers leaders; reinforces GISC lead on “on IR voice” to the supply base
Human Resources Team
Ingersoll Rand International Ltd
Tel: +353 91 703 436
Fax: +353 91 703 174