- May 4, 2017
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Data Protection Primer – Overview of the GDPR
This lunchtime session will provide you with the basic overview of GDPR and to provide constructive suggestions on implementing compliant processes.
On completion of this module, learners will;
- Learn the core principals of the GDPR
- Covers definition of all key words and phrases relating to DP
- Understand the key principles of the seven GDPR Principles
- Understand the Rights afforded to the Data Subject
- Understand the role of the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC)
- Understand the enforcement powers of the DPC
To book your place you can book online or email email@example.com (discounts available for booking more than one place).
There are no pre-requisite for this course. Participants are typically team leads or data users who are involved in data processing or ensuring data protection compliance within their organisations or departments, and who require an initial introduction to the key elements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
However attendees should have a good understanding of their own organisation’s data processing activities, through the life cycle from initial data acquisition, through the various areas of processing and usage, to eventual removal or destruction.