DPP Skillnet is working with our member companies to provide employment opportunities for those that have trained with us over the past two years.
If you have a job that you wish to advertise please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a job description.
Middle Weight Creative Designer
Lucas Luxury Packaging and Lucas Promotions is looking for a Creative Designer to join ASAP!
Contract: Temporary / Permanent
Starting Date: Immediate
We are looking for a Middle Weight Graphic/Product Designer to create engaging designs according to requirements. We design bespoke products for prestigious brands such as Jameson, Absolut, Beefeater, Chivas, etc., so the ideal candidate is able to come up with new ideas, graphic design solutions, mock ups and final artwork for production.
- Participating in various design projects from concept to completion
- Producing sketches, photorealistic mock ups and simple prototypes if necessary
- Preparing and submitting finished artwork for print
- Preparing and submitting finished technical drawing for production
- Pitch creative ideas that enhance projects
- Collaborate with team members to launch designs
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working in the FMCG industry is a plus.
- Must be an experienced Graphic Designer with 2+ year’s work experience, ideally within the product or print industry.
- In this role, you should be highly creative and have a sharp eye for visual detail.
- Creativity skills and problem-solving attitude.
- Awareness of budget implications when creating designs.
- Knowledge of printing production, such as offset, screen print, laser engraving, etc.
- Understanding of various substrates, such as uncoated, coated, metallic and kraft papers, etc.
- Understanding of fabric, metal and plastic materials and processes is a bonus.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure
- All candidates must be fluent English speakers as this role requires interaction with a variety of clients.
- A 3rd level diploma/degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Desktop Publishing or equivalent experience in the field.
- Proficiency in Adobe tools, including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop is essential
- Some knowledge in 3D modelling and rendering is plus.
- Overall, sound person.
If you are passionate about design and are eager to learn more through various projects, we’d like to meet you.
Take a look at our websites and find out more about us:
At Doggett Group we are continuously growing, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a talented Junior Graphic Designer with Digital Print Machine operating experience to join the team at our state of the art operations centre in Harolds Cross, Dublin 12.
Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a Print and Design background.
Ability to collaborate with the Studio and Production Manager, take instruction, interpret the brief, while at the same time, applying your own design style.
• Experience with data merge/mailing campaigns and packaging/carton work is an advantage.
• Ability to take direction well, interpret the brief, while at the same time, applying your own design style.
• Professional, creative design ability, speed, flair, good communication and ability to demonstrate a strong work ethic, have excellent attention to detail and committed to seeing tasks through to completion and willingness to observe and learn.
• Experience working on Xerox, Konica and Roland Machines.
• The ability to react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround.
• Verbal and written fluency in English is a must.
Please apply with CV and cover letter outlining why you are suitable for the role plus PDFportfolio or link to online portfolio. Send CV’s to Mark Murphy – email@example.com
Start Date: Immediate
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Title: Packaging Technologist
Department: Supply Chain Dept
Reporting to: Supply Chain Manager
(Based in S&I main office, part of Technology team)
Established in 1985, Dawn Farms is a leading business-to-business manufacturer and supplier in the cooked meat ingredients sector.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the continuous development and ownership of Packaging innovation projects within Dawn Farms.
- They must have a passion for continuous improvement and sustainability, an in-depth knowledge within the areas of materials & food science, up to date packaging insights and processing technologies are all considered important to this role.
- The successful candidate will be an Origin Green champion for the business, actively supporting key site initiatives is a key requirement. Identifying packaging best practice from incoming packaging right through to product application packaging for finished product shipment.
- The ability to work effectively with others is essential within this role, being a positive role model to others, taking an action which respects the needs and contributions of others.
- Responsible for the delivery of the Packaging innovation pipeline platforms (Nectar) to agreed standards and its communication both within the business and with key Customer stakeholders. Working with S&I Project Managers to identify specification required for new packaging products in response to briefs.
- Developing a strong packaging support network within our supplier base that enables our business to leverage their skills and innovations to add to our Nectar pipeline.
- Work with cross-functional departments to drive the execution of the packaging productivity initiatives to achieve targeted annual savings.